Loyola University Maryland is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students who are the citizens of countries other than the United States. International applicants to Loyola's graduate programs who need an F-1 student visa are required to submit the following documentation in addition to the application materials required for the academic program they're applying for.
Documentation Required for Admission Review
A completed international file is one that includes the following documents:
- International Student Supplemental Application
- IELTS or TOEFL Score Report (required only if English is not your native language) The minimum required score is 7.0 for IELTS and for the TOEFL a minimum of 80 for the internet-based test and 550 for the paper test.
- Personal statement, or statement from benefactor affirming that all expenses will be met during your period of enrollment at Loyola. Expenses include tuition, fees, books, housing, medical, and all other living expenses (in U.S. dollars).
- Declaration of Finances Form accompanied by a current bank statement issued within one month of applying (in U.S. dollars). The bank statement must be an original document. Photo copies and scanned documents will NOT be accepted.
- Current Bank Statement (issued within one month of applying for admission) verifying that funds are available to support your stay at Loyola (in U.S. dollars).
Documentation Required to Finalize Enrollment
• International applicants who are offered admission must complete the steps listed below before a Form I-20 can be issued.
• Proof of medical insurance (students who need a Form I-20 must obtain insurance through the Loyola health insurance plan administered by United Healthcare Insurance).
• Tuition payment for the first nine credits (Payable by wire transfer or US currency bank check payable to Loyola University Maryland
Downnloadable PDF forms: