Ordinarily, an interdisciplinary major involving CS requires the completion of nine CS courses and three mathematics courses. Students considering an interdisciplinary major are urged to consult the Chairs of both departments as early in their program as possible. Course requirements are:
- CS201 Computer Science I
- CS202 Computer Science II
- CS301 Data Structures and Algorithms I
- CS302 Data Structures & Algorithms II
- CS371 Computer Engineering I or CS/MA295 Discrete Structures*
- CS482 Software Engineering
- CS496 Computer Science Project
- CS4** Approved Computer Science Elective**
- CS4** Approved Computer Science Elective
- MA251 Calculus I
- One of the following:
MA/CS295 Discrete Structures
MA252 Calculus II
- OR One of the following:
MA210 Intro. to Statistics
MA301 Linear Algebra
* CS371 is required for Math/Statistics majors.
** For Engineering majors minoring in Computer Science, this requirement is CS3** or CS4**.
Engineering majors cannot count CS471 as a CS elective.
See also these requirements as stated in the current catalog http://www.loyola.edu/catalog