The primary focus of our program is preparing students for successful careers in engineering and related fields. The department of engineering of Loyola University Maryland strives to produce graduates who:
- function as successful professionals in diverse engineering disciplines and enterprises;
- develop creative, entrepreneurial, and cost-effective solutions to contemporary problems of increasing scope and complexity as their careers progress;
- assume increasing responsibilities of technical and/or managerial leadership in their work organizations;
- pursue lifelong learning through a variety of means including graduate education, continuing education, professional training, on-the-job training, and career development; and
- provide services to their professions and communities, drawing upon their Jesuit educational experience to serve the needs of humankind.