Congratulations to our students for their accomplishments in the 2013-2014 year:
Courtney Cousins presented her paper on the Women’s Literary Society of Baltimore at the Undergraduate Student Research and Scholarship Colloquium on April 4th. Ms. Cousins and Jenn Ruckel also obtained volunteer/internship positions at radio station KNOM in Nome, Alaska.
Colleen Mitchell published “Masculine Tears: Crying in Chaucer’s Troilus and Criseyde” in Proto: an Undergraduate Humanities Journal 4 (2013): 23-36. Ms. Mitchell will pursue a Ph.D. in Politics at the University of Notre Dame, with full funding.
Christina Christoforo ‘14 will attend St. John’s University School of Law.
Jonas Nissley ‘14 will join Teach for Thailand.
Kate Tafelski ‘14 has landed a position as assistant editor at Rowman & Littlefield, a scholarly publisher in Lanham, Maryland.
Laura McCormack was accepted into Teach for America and is headed to Charlotte, NC, for two years before pursuing a Masters in social work at the University of Maryland.
Kerry Rogers ‘14 was accepted into the Jesuit Volunteer Corps.
Mike Fiore ‘14 has accepted an admissions internship at Xavier High School in NYC.
Michael McGurk ‘15, and Wes Peters ‘16 won Summer Research Fellowships from the Loyola Center for Humanities. Michael plans to pursue his topic, “Heroes and Villains: Jewish Identity in Modernist Imperialism” under the guidance of Dr. Miller. Wes will work on “Tocqueville and American Idealism” with Dr. Lukacs.
Anna DeBlasio ‘15 received a Summer Stipend from the Center for the Humanities to study and perform at the Hangar Theater’s Lab Company in Ithaca, NY.
Gabrielle Smith ’15 was awarded a Summer Program Scholarship through Sigma Tau Delta; she’ll use the scholarship to support her 6-week trip to Nepal, where she’ll teach English.
Our 2013 Grads:
- Emily Barbo ('13) is a Marketing Coordinatior at Putnam Media.
- Eric Campos ('13) is planning to move to Baltimore and pursue a writing career.
- Tim Clinton ('13) has been hired by a marketing company in Woburn, MA.
- Kaitlin Darcy ('13) is an Associate at Integrated Publishing at Carat.
- Erin Hughes ('13) will be working for a year in New Zealand.
- Katie Markunas ('13) will be continuing her education here at Loyola University MD by pursuing a MAT in secondary educastion with the goal of becoming a high school English teacher.
- Kelsey McGlynn ('13) is an Account Manager at Insight Global.
- Maura Munley ('13) is currently the Deputy Finance Director for Kenney 2015, Jim Kenney's campaign for mayor of Philadelphia. She attained her Masters of Arts in Teaching Secondary Education in English in 2014.
- Kristin Beckert ('11) ia an Associate at JPMorgan Chase.
- Nora Benedict ('10) was accepted into the Ph.D. program in Spanish literature at the University of Virginia after completing her MA in the same area at U of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Gregory Burguillos ('11) is a Business Performance Advisor at Insperity.
- Bill Callis (’12) is in Thailand as an instructor for Loyola’s Teaching in Thailand Program.
- Sara Carr ('10) is a Language Arts Teacher at Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
- Olivia Ceccarelli (’09) is pursuing a masters in urban planning at the University of Maryland after internships at the Annie E. Casey Foundation and Parks and People.
- Nicole Charette ('07) is Head of the English Department at MESA Charter High School Brooklyn, NY.
- Allison Ebner ('11) is Resource Editor at MetroKids.
- Nadia Firozvi ('01) is a policy advisor in the Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Mary Theresa Genetti ('10) is teaching in Thailand.
- Katherine Giblin ('09) is a law clerk to the Honorable Andrea M. Leahy at the Court of Special Appeals of MD.
- Megan Gilbride ('11) is an editorial assistant at Slack, Inc., a publishing company that specializes in the medical field.
- Aimee Godett ('11) is a Regulatory Administrative Specialist with JP Morgan Chase.
- Brittany Harrington ('09) is Sr. Coordinator for Sync at Capitol Music Group.
- Lauren Kimmich ('09) has received a Master's of the Arts in Teaching at UNC Chapel Hill. She has just been hired to teach English at the Charlotte Mecklenburg School near Charlotte, NC.
- Jenn Ladd ('11) is now the Associate Editor of The City Paper, Baltimore’s premier weekly. Right after Loyola she served as the Social Media Coordinator for Heavy Seas Beer, one of Baltimore’s best local brews.
- Brian Olszak (’09) is finishing up a masters degree in community and regional planning at Temple University after serving as an Americorps VISTA volunteer in urban Philadelphia and as a library assistant. He is also on the board of the Philadelphia Orchard Project.
- Liza Schreiner ('11) (minor in AAAS) is a teaching assistant at the Village Learning Place in Baltimore.
- Lauren Wilson (’10) is a publishing intern at the American Diabetes Association in Washington, DC, while she finishes a masters in English at American University.
- Andrew Zeliski ('11) (minor in AAAS) is the lead reporter for Technically Baltimore, a new digital magazine, after having starting out as the digital media editor at The Urbanite, Baltimore’s terrific monthly mag. Andrew is also a prolific freelance writer, contributing pieces in The Atlantic, Richmond Magazine, College Magazine, and more.