Loyola University Maryland

Department of History

Red Cross Institute

image divider

In 1919, the Humanities Center was used as a Red Cross Institute for the Blind.

People in Garden
This pathway of boxwoods and Lombardy poplars ran parallel to Cold Spring Lane from the Humanities Center to a gazebo overlooking the intersection of Charles and Cold Spring. Presently, is is covered by the parking lot behind Beatty Hall.

Ward Room in Humanities Center
One of the Ward Rooms inside the Humanities Center.