Students who major in mathematics or statistics will demonstrate a mastery in the following areas:
- Compute accurately using algebra, calculus, and technology.
- Understand and write proofs of theorems.
- Engage in learning, both individually and with others, through reading, listening, observing, and doing.
- Apply reason, intuition, and imagination to problem solving in mathematical and statistical contexts both clearly and effectively.
- Read and interpret data and data summaries and apply statistical methods to develop supporting evidence for arguments.
- Use technology to gather, process, and communicate information; and be able to write computer programs, including the use of subroutines, to perform quantitative tasks.