MK348.Z1: International Marketing Undergraduate European Study Tour
This course involves a 2-week study tour with visits to companies in Italy, Germany, and Austria. Tentative** visits include:
- The BMW Dingolfing plant near Munich
- Swarovski Crystal in Innsbruck
- MASI winery in Verona
- Johnson & Johnson in Rome
- Other representative company/organizational visits include Adobe (Munich), Frau Shoes (Verona) and Riedel Glassworks (Kufstein, Austria)
Other Highlights of the 2014 Tour are:
- Historic and cultural visits including Tyrolean Lantern Hike (Innsbruck) and Dachau Memorial
- Use of iPads during the abroad component of the course.
Students registering for the course will be required to attend 5 pre-trip classes, complete a journal of observations and lessons learned, prepare a presentation on an international marketing topic, and attend all site visits.
Tuition for this course is included in the Spring 2014 Tuition. The $4865 covers travel expenses (i.e., it is not covered by tuition) with a $500 non-refundable deposit due in November 2013 and the remaining balance due in January 2014. To register, enroll in this course during Fall registration. Course is restricted to accounting and business majors and marketing minors. MK240 is a pre-requisite or co-requisite (with Marketing Department Chair permission) for this course. Finally, Loyola requires a minimum GPA of 2.500 to enroll in any course with a study tour component.
Dr. Richard Klink, Professor of Marketing, will lead the tour. For more information, please contact Dr. Klink in Sellinger Hall 411 or at ext. 5546 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Price is subject to change. Price includes first class hotel accommodations, hotel continental breakfasts, airfare & overland transportation, and course reading materials. Other meals, passport fees, and health and accident insurance are not included.
** All site visits and schedule are subject to change. Please note that this course may be cancelled if fewer than 26 students enroll.