The psychology department is committed to the education of students in the understanding and appreciation in the science of behavior and mental processes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. We endorse the educational mission of Loyola University Maryland to challenge students to “learn, lead, and serve in a diverse and changing world.” As such, students majoring in psychology are exposed to fundamental concepts that provide them with a solid foundation in the discipline. Development of critical thinking skills, an understanding of research methodology, and an appreciation of diversity are core to the mission of our programs.
Our ambition is to create an environment that prepares undergraduates to take their place in the world and become more effective for what they have learned with us, for our graduate students to conduct innovative psychological assessment and pursue careers that use those skills to the benefit of the psychological community, and for our faculty to grow in expertise in both teaching and scholarship.
- B.A. in Psychology
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, Thesis Track
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, Practitioner Track
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology, Thesis Track
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology, Practitioner Track
- Master's Plus/LCPC Program
- Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Psychology
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology
Psychology Department Diversity Statement