Assistant Professor of Psychology
Office: Beatty Hall, Room 221F
- B.A. (Psychology), College of William and Mary
- M.A. (Human Development), Bryn Mawr College
- Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology), University of Virginia
- Pre-doctoral Internship, Department of Pediatrics,
Georgetown University Medical Center
- Licensed Psychologist in Maryland
Scholarly interests include effects of maternal depression on children’s mental health and the family environment; risk and protective factors (particularly parenting styles) in the development of child psychopathology; prevention of child psychopathology; cognitive-behavioral therapy with adolescents; policy issues affecting children.
Higginson, C., Lloyd, K., Lating, J., & Coiro, M. J. (in press).Test order effects: A measure of
verbal memory influences performance on a measure of verbal fluency. Applied Neuropsychology.
Coiro, M. J., Riley, A. W., Broitman, B., & Miranda, J. (2012). Effects on children of treating their
mothers' depression: Results of a 12-month follow-up. Psychiatric Services, 63, 357-363.
PY925: Clinical Applications-Assessment