Loyola University Maryland is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students who are the citizens of countries other than the United States. International applicants to Loyola's graduate programs who need an F-1 student visa are required to submit the following documentation in addition to the application materials required for the academic program they're applying for.
Deadlines for International Applicants
PsyD: December 1
Speech: February 1
Psychology Master's: March 1
All other programs: April 1
Documentation Required for International Applicants Requesting F-1 Student Status
A completed international file is one that includes the following documents:
- International Student Supplemental Application: Required for United States Immigration purposes.
- If you have dependents, you are required to fill out this additional Dependent Application.
- IELTS or TOEFL Score Report: Applicants for whom English is not the native language are required to demonstrate evidence of English proficiency. If English is not your native language, you are required to submit the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Official scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. Loyola's institution code is 5370. Additional information can be obtained from www.toefl.org and www.ielts.org. Minimum score requirements:
- IELTS minimum of 7.0 across all bands
- TOEFL minimum of 80 internet based test or minimum 550 paper test
- Passport Copy: Submit a copy of the biographical page of the student's passport.
- International Graduate Student Checklist: Please include this form when you submit your application.
- Declaration of Finances Form: This must be accompanied by a current bank statement issued within one month of applying (in U.S. dollars). The bank statement must be an original document. Photo copies and scanned documents will NOT be accepted
- Current Bank Statement: Provide a current, original bank letter showing funds (in U.S. dollars) available to cover the full cost of attendance (tuition, fees, housing, board, books, medical and all other expenses) for one year at Loyola University Maryland. The bank letter must be on bank stationery, in English, and signed by a bank official with contact information.
- Affidavit of Financial Support: You are required to submit the affidavit for financial support signed by a sponsor or benefactor affirming that all expenses will be meet during your period of enrollment at Loyola. Expense must include tuition, fees, housing, board, books, medical and all other expenses. (in U.S. dollars).
- An affidavit of self-support is required if you plan to support yourself.
Where to send your Application Materials
The above BLUE Documentation send directly to Office of International Student Services
Documentation Required to Finalize Enrollment
After you receive your acceptance letter and have submitted all the above documentation, the following must be provided before a Form I-20 can be issued for an admitted student (F-1 Student Visa Requirements):
- Enrollment Deposit: Tuition payment for the first 9 credits, which is payable by wire transfer or US currency bank check payable to Loyola University Maryland.
- Proof of Health Insurance: Proof of sufficient health insurance coverage for the first year of study at Loyola (must be renewed each academic year). You are required to either enroll online in the Loyola-sponsored Student Health Insurance plan, or submit an online request to waive coverage. Students are encouraged to purchase Loyola's Student Health Insurance, the United Health Insurance Plan. To waive coverage, your plan must have comparable coverage based on Loyola's waiver criteria. Please review your current plan to be sure that your benefits extend to the United States and Maryland area. To enroll in or waive coverage, vist www.firststudent.com. For more information, visit the Student Health and Education Services website.
- Please send this documentation required to finalize enrollment to:
Office of Graduate Admission
Loyola University Maryland
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
Downloadable PDF forms:
For admission-related questions:
Contact the Office of Graduate Admission
Telephone: +1(410) 617-5050
For information regarding immigration or visa-related questions:
Contact Office of International Student Services