The B.A. degree in computer science requires the successful completion of 18 computer science and related courses in addition to the liberal arts core. This degree is intended to more easily accommodate the student who has a strong interest in computing but wishes to major or minor in another area. The requirements include:
- 7 required computer science courses
- 5 computer science and/or computer-related electives electives
- 4 mathematical sciences courses
- 1 science course with accompanying lab
- 1 additional science elective
Interdisciplinary Study: Three CS courses at the 400-level or above and two CS-related electives in a single application area approved by the track coordinator.
General: Four CS electives at the 400-level or above and one CS-related elective approved by the track coordinator, or five CS electives at the 400-level or above.
Suggested course sequence