Affiliate Assistant Professor of Italian and French
Maryland Hall 457
- Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium), B.A. in Classical Philology
- Penn State University, M.A. and Ph.D. in Comparative Literature
Research and Teaching Interests
- French, Italian, and Dutch languages
- History and culture
- The Trojan Legend in Comparative Perspective
- Eighteenth Century Western European Dance Music
- Italian-American Mandolin Music
Recent Courses Taught at Loyola University Maryland
- French 102, 103, and 104
- Italian 102-103, and 104
Lectures and Presentations
- "Belgian Music from the Time of Rosalie Stier." A lecture recital at the Riversdale Mansion in Riversadle Park, Maryland. September 2010.
Service, Activities, and Memberships in Academic Societies
- American Association of Teachers of French
- American Association of Teachers of Italian
- Modern Language Association
Beijaert 1728- An 18th century Collection of Christmas Music for the Carillon from Antwerp. December 2005.
Eurotunes- Tunes for the Miniclasses "Eurotunes By Ear." Irish Week at teh August Heritage Center. Collected, transcribed and chorded by Paul Oorts. 2004-2006-2007.