The Pastoral Counseling department will no longer be accepting new student applications. All currently enrolled students will be offered the opportunity to complete their degree within the limits of a “teach out” plan. For more information please visit the Program Closing FAQ.
What Is It?
The certificate of advanced study allows post-master’s students to create an individualized program of study in clinical and academic training that emphasizes spiritual integration.
Candidates for the certificate of advanced study must have completed a master’s degree in counseling or psychology and are seeking additional coursework for professional and/or licensure reasons.
Some have chosen this option to strengthen their understanding of religion and spirituality within their counseling practice.
What Are the Possible Career Paths?
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
Estimated Program Costs
- Program Tuition and fees: $17,850.00*
- Program Books and supplies: $1,500.00*
- Clinical fees: $4,512.00**
- On-campus room & board: Not offered
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2015-16 rates. Rates are subject to change.
**Reflects 4 semesters of Pastoral Counseling courses with clinical training (PC 661, PC 662, PC 663, PC 664). For academic year 2015-16, the clinical training fee is $1128.00 per semester. One such course may be taken per semester. Students typically take either 2 or 4 clinical training courses.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2014-15, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 30-credit program is designed to take 24 months to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Fewer than 10 students completed this program in 2014-15. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
(Download this information).
View the Learning Goals.
How many credits are required?
30 credits. View the University tuition and fees.