Mayo Clinic – Rochester, Post-doctoral training
University of Pittsburgh, Ph.D.
Hofstra University, BA, MA
Areas of Specialization
Adult Neurogenic Communication Disorders, Motor Speech Disorders
Achievements (past 5 years)
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications:
- Fossett, T. R. D., McNeil, M. R., Pratt, S. R., Tompkins, C. A., & Shuster, L. I. (2015). The effect of speaking rate on serial-order sound-level errors in normal healthy controls and persons with aphasia. Aphasiology.
- McNeil, M. R., Pratt, S. R., Szuminsky, N., Sung, JE, Fossett, T. R. D., Fassbinder, W. (2015). Reliability and validity of the Computerized Revised Token Test (CRTT): Comparison of reading and listening versions in persons with and without aphasia. Journal of Speech-Language-Hearing, 58, 311 -324.
- Fossett, T. R. D. (2010). Deep Brain Stimulation: Description and implications for motor speech. Perspectives on Neurophysiology and Neurogenic Speech and Language Disorders, 20, 50 – 54. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Josephs, K. A., Duffy, J. R., Fossett, T. R., Strand, E. A., Classen, D. O., Whitwell, J. L., & Peller, P. J. (2010). Flurodeoxyglucose F18 Positron Emission Tomography in Progressive Apraxia of Speech and Primary Progressive Aphasia Variants. Archives of Neurology, 67(5), 596-605.
- McNeil, M. R., Katz, W. F., Fossett, T. R. D., Garst, D. M., Szuminsky, N. J., Carter, G., & Lim, K. Y. (2010). Effects of on-line augmented kinematic and perceptual feedback on treatment of speech movement in apraxia of speech. Special Issue in Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedia, 62, 127 – 133.
- Duffy, J. R., Fossett, T. R. D. & Thomas, J. E. (2011). Clinical practice in acute care hospital settings. In L. L. LaPointe (Ed.). Aphasia and related neurogenic communication disorders (4th edition) (pp. 48 – 58). NY: Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.