Earn your Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) Diploma and Master of Education in Montessori Education degree in one year, at one location.
The Washington Montessori Institute’s primary mission is to offer a comprehensive course of study for adults that effectively prepares them to lead a community of children in all aspects of development. Our rigorous program both inspires and challenges our students in the transformative experience of becoming authentic Montessori teachers.
NEW! WMI is Pleased to Offer Primary Training in a Multi-Summer Format
Starting in June 2017, Jennifer Shields, Director of Primary Training at WMI, will be heading an AMI Montessori primary training course in a summer format at the Washington Montessori Institute in Columbia, MD. The course will occur over three consecutive summers from 2017 through 2019. In January 2018 and January 2019, students will return to WMI for a midyear, weekend seminar.
Why Become a Montessori Teacher?
- Each day is distinctive, fun, and fulfilling.
- You make a difference in the lives of children.
- There is a high demand for Montessori teachers around the world.
- The children love to come to school each day, and so do you!
- You nurture and support each child’s development, rather than simply implementing a curriculum.
Photo tour of the Washington Montessori Institute