Daily Schedule: 8:30 – 3:30 (M – F)
(Day Code: M-Monday, T-Tuesday, W-Wednesday, R-Thursday, F-Friday)
AMI Prerequisite Foundation Course: Summer 2017
- July 31 (M) -- Prerequisite Foundation begins
- September 1 (F) -- Prerequisite Foundation ends
Fall Term 2017
September 6 (W) -- Course begins
- October 9-24 (M-T) -- Observation I
- November 6-21 (M-T) -- Observation II
- November 22-24 (W-F) -- Thanksgiving holiday (no classes)
- December 21 (R) -- Last day of class (half-day)
- December 22 - January 2 -- Winter break (no classes)
Spring Term 2018
January 3 (W) -- Course resumes
- January 15 (M) -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (no classes)
- February 19 (M) -- President’s Day (no classes)
March 5-20 (M-T) -- Practice Teaching I
- March 21 - April 2 (W-M) -- Spring Break
- April 4 (W) -- AMI written theory examinations
- April 6 (F) -- AMI written practical examinations
- April 9 (M) -- AMI written practical examinations
- April 23 - May 8 (M-T) -- Practice Teaching II
To be announced* -- AMI oral examinations*
- Late May -- End of course
Observations and practice teaching in schools are scheduled during the year (dates subject to change). The school hours are observed during these sessions. Students make their own arrangements for transportation. Please be advised that most schools are located in the greater Washington, DC area (many 1-1 ½ hours from Loyola). Therefore, transportation by car is necessary.
*Oral examinations are scheduled in conjunction with the Association Montessori Internationale. Therefore, it is not possible to publish exact dates at this time. Oral examinations will be scheduled during the last two weeks of May. Students will be informed as soon as dates are confirmed. All students must be in residence through the last day of the oral examination period, no matter when the individual examination is scheduled. Students are advised that oral examinations may be scheduled on a weekend.
Education Core Courses**
June - July, 2018 -- Intensive summer session
(Classes meet daily on the Evergreen Campus, Baltimore)
**These course requirements must be completed by Summer 2022.
CAS students are required to take one additional course, ED627 – Advanced Research Project in Montessori Education. This 30 credit program, dependent upon the format in which an individual enrolls, can take 15-30 months to complete.
This calendar is subject to change. Students will be notified of any changes.