Program Details and Schedule
UNITE (Urban Needs Introduced Through Experience) is a unique educational opportunity through which a small group of students, staff, faculty and/or administrators, takes a closer look at the issues, concerns and realities of persons who are materially poor and/or experiencing homelessness in Baltimore City. The weekend immersion is lead by a team of experienced and dedicated individuals.
- Preparation for serving women, children and men who are materially poor and/or experiencing homelessness
- A direct service experience in a meal program
- Factual input on poverty and homelessness
- Opportunities for casual, one-on-one interaction with people who are materially poor and/or experiencing homelessness
- Time for group discussion and reflection
- Selected videos and/or readings
UNITE weekends begin at 5:00PM on Friday. The group returns to campus by 4:00PM on Sunday.
- October 19-21
- February 8-10 (Retreat to the Streets)
For more information, please contact the UNITE Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-617-2380
Proceed to U.N.I.T.E. Application Process and Forms