* Landfills are the largest artificial source of methane in this country. To find out more about where your waste (that gets dumped instead of donated!) goes and what happens in a landfill, click here to read this informative article about landfills.
* According to an article on www.dumpandrun.org, "The average college student produces 640 pounds of solid waste each year, including 500 disposable cups and 320 pounds of paper!" Click here for more information about Dump and Run and more stats about nationwide and college campus waste!
Yearly, Number of students moving out: 214,000!
Average cost of “stuff” for a first year dorm = $400
- Good Stuff Campaign is a 3-week program sponsored by the Center for Community Service & justice; supported by Student Life, Campus Services,Facilities, and Student Activities
- It started as a "community yard sale" in 2001
- Now serves more than 12 different community agencies in the Baltimore area
- in 2009, $21,000 worth of "stuff" was donated!
- 800 kids graduated