Clinical Centers Faculty Present at ASHA Convention
Several members of the Loyola Clinical Centers Speech-Language Pathology/Audiology faculty presented posters and papers at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association convention in Philadelphia, Pa., Nov. 18 -20. These included:
Cheryl Councill and Mina Goodman, clinical faculty, and Libby Kumin, Ph.D., professor of speech-language pathology - "Addressing Social Skills in Adolescents/Young Adults with Down Syndrome"
Sally Gallena, clinical faculty -"Differential Diagnosis for Four Patients Presenting with Dyspnea"
Janet Simon Schreck, executive director - "The Impact of 'Normal Aging' on Cognitive Communication Skills"
Erin Stauder, clinical faculty - a poster highlighting the "Expanding Horizons: Broadway Kids" program, a partnership with the Columbia Center for Theatrical Arts that facilitates the improvement of social communication skills in children with social skills and communication impairments
A group therapy program in pastoral counseling helped Barbara connect with others caring for ill and disabled loved ones.
- View our 2011-12 annual report (PDF)
- Loyola Clinical Centers awarded $50K grant from Stulman Foundation to support brain injury and disorder services »
- FREE caregiver support group for parents whose children were recently diagnosed with Aspergers Disorder or PDD-NOS (Word doc) »
- April is National Autism Awareness Month »
- Upgrading to the new iPad? Donate your iPad or iPad2 to the Loyola Clinical Centers and its clients »