These placement tests are for students who studied Chinese, French, German, and/or Spanish in high school.
The language placement tests in Chinese, French, German, and Spanish are not timed. The student must use their Loyola student ID number for this exam. This seven digit number is listed in your Loyola username and password technology email that was sent to you.
- Well in advance of the June 7, 2013 deadline, students should contact the Academic Advising and Support Center by phone ext. 5050 from Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. to ask for the password. Loyola is closed for the Memorial Day holiday from Friday, May 24 - Monday, May 27. The University will reopen on Tuesday, May 28 at 8:30 a.m.
- Enter the website address http://webcape.byuhtrsc.org into your browser.
- Select Loyola University Maryland from the drop-down box and click GO.
- At the login page, enter the password that you have been given by the Academic Advising and Support Center.
- Select the language of the placement exam that you would like to take from the drop-down box and click the begin button.
- On the registration form, the student should fill in their name, seven digit Loyola student ID number, etc.
- When the test is complete, the results are posted back to the registration page and transmitted to Loyola.
- The student must then click finished.
Placement results will be discussed by the student's advisor on the second day of summer orientation.