These placement tests are for students who studied Chinese, French, German, and/or Spanish in high school.
The language placement tests in Chinese, French, German, and Spanish are not timed. The student must use their Loyola student ID number for this exam. This seven digit number is listed in your Loyola username and password technology email that was sent to you.
- Enter the website address http://webcape.byuhtrsc.org into your browser.
- Select Loyola University Maryland from the drop-down box and click GO.
- At the login page, enter the password: loyola4501
- Select the language of the placement exam that you would like to take from the drop-down box and click the begin button.
- On the registration form, fill in your name, seven digit Loyola student ID number, etc.
- When the test is complete, your score and placement are displayed on the results page.
- Click "finished."
Placement results will be discussed by the student's advisor on the second day of summer orientation. Loyola University Maryland is closed for the Memorial Day holiday from Friday, May 23 - Monday, May 26. The University will reopen on Tuesday, May 27 at 8:30 a.m.