Placement testing in Italian is available from May 20 – June 7, 2013. Students must request access to this test by sending their Last Name and 7-digit Loyola ID number to email@example.com from their Loyola email address. The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures will grant access and send a confirmation email within two business days. Students with any questions or concerns should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms. Natalie Rock, the Administrative Assistant in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at 410-617-2780 during regular business hours.
The language placement test in Italian is not timed. Students will need their Loyola ID number to access this exam.
- After you have been granted access by the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, go to http://italplacement.loyola.edu. (Note: Internet Explorer generally seems to have less difficulty displaying the foreign language characters used in this exam.)
- Read the instructions on the web page and click the link to proceed.
- Enter your name and seven digit student ID number and click continue.
- Answer the preliminary questions to help give the test a rough approximation of your level and continue. Accurate responses to these initial questions will aid the test in determining an approximate placement level. If there are any answers for which you are unsure, please make a note of this fact in the large text box attached to the final question at the bottom of your screen.
- Begin the test.
- Once enough questions have been administered to provide an accurate gauge of the student’s level, the test will end and the students will be informed that it is over.
Placement results will be discussed by the student’s advisor on the second day of summer orientation.