Placement testing in Italian is available from April 14 through May 30, 2014.
The language placement test in Italian is not timed. Students will need their Loyola ID number to access this exam.
- You will be given a random set of questions from four different levels. The level of the question you receive has no correlation to how well you are doing on the exam. The exam does not get progressively easier or harder.
- There is no time limit, but you must answer all 60 questions so plan your time accordingly. It may take an hour or more to complete the placement exam.
- You may not go back and change your answer once you have submitted an answer. You must go forward to the next question.
- Do not click the back button. It will terminate your exam and you will have to start over again.
- If you do not understand the question then it is possible that it is above your current level and you should select the "I don't know. Go to the next question." option. This is better than guessing because it will provide us with more accurate information for your placement.
- Your first attempt at this exam will most likely be the most accurate assessment of your abilities. You may take the placement exam more than once but all of your attempts will be used to assess placement. Students whose scores differ greatly from the first attempt to subsequent attempts will be referred to Loyola faculty for placement.
- Enter the website address http://clstest.byu.edu/itcal/loyola/ into your browser.
Placement results will be discussed by the student’s advisor on the second day of summer orientation.
Please contact 1-435-248-9108 for technical support.