The Latin placement test is for students who studied Latin in high school.
The Latin placement test is a timed test. You will be allowed one hour for this exam. At the end of the hour, you must submit your exam. If you continue to take the exam after the allotted time, your score will be invalid and you will be required to re-take the placement test in August. Furthermore, you will not be eligible to register for a course in Latin during orientation.
You are advised to use your time effectively and to work as rapidly as you can without losing accuracy. Do not waste your time on questions that are too difficult for you. Go on to the other questions and come back to the difficult ones later if you have time.
- Enter the website address for Loyola's Moodle page http://moodle.loyola.edu .
- Click the Latin placement exam on the left of the page. If you do not see "Latin placement exam," please contact the Academic Advising and Support Center during regular business hours at 410-617-5050.
- Enter your username and password as listed in your username and password technology email. Click the login button.
- You will be prompted to enter a password. The password is "Latin2012." Click the continue button.
- Read the instructions and click the latin placement exam near the bottom of the page.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to begin.
This exam has an one hour timer. The elapsed time appears at the top of the window. An one minute warning will be displayed. Although the exam will allow you to continue after the allotted time has passed, you must click the submit all and finish button at the end of the hour. Submitting the exam after the allotted time may invalidate the exam score. You must then confirm the assessment submission by clicking ok.
Placement results will be discussed by the student's advisor on the second day of summer orientation.