"There is Power in Our Story!"
The purpose of the retreat is to provide an opportunity to women of color at Loyola to connect and bond in a meaningful, sisterhood experience. We also pay homage to the elders who have come before us and light the path toward our future. Collectively we recognize and accept our differences, as well as share the commonalities of our struggles to provide encouragement and support to each other. We celebrate our individual identities through interactive, intentional, and thought provoking engagement.
Space is limited so early registration is encouraged. Participants will receive a follow up email as confirmation of their registration to attend the retreat.
Register for the event
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 617-2310.
2016 Planning Committee
- Raven Williams, Associate Director of ALANA Services (Retreat Co-Chair)
- Shantoyia Jones, Ph.D., Counseling Center Staff Psychologist (Retreat Co-Chair)
- Chin-Mei (Malia) Maniyatt, Interim Assistant Director, Center for Community Service and Justice
- Mary Whitehead, Assistant Director of Student Life
- Sam Soheilian, Ph.D., Counseling Center Staff Psychologist