The Parents Council is a leadership council comprised of dedicated parents of current students that seek to develop and strengthen meaningful relationships between fellow parents and Loyola University Maryland. The goal of the Parents Council is to engage fellow parents of current and prior Loyola students in the life of the University. Members endorse Loyola’s mission by supporting the University with a leadership gift, promoting parent annual giving, hosting or co-sponsoring events, and encouraging attendance at regional parent events.
Member couples serve as co-hosts for parent events held in their area. They attend the event themselves and also assist Loyola staff by promoting the event through phone calls to other area parents. Parents Council members also encourage others to support Loyola’s Parents Annual Fund, and are asked to personally endorse the Fund by making a leadership gift at The John Early Society level. These generous couples set the pace for parent giving and inspire others to support Loyola.
Members of the Parents Council and their children are invited each year to a special event scheduled during Family Weekend.
If you would like more information about the Parents Council, please contact Emily Brady, associate director of parent giving at 410-617-1624 or email@example.com.
Who Participates and Who Is in Charge?
- Members of the Parents Council are parents of current Loyola University Maryland students.
- The associate director of parent relations and parent annual giving oversees the Parents Council.
How Will My Involvement Help?
At Loyola, we take great pride in how parents are involved in the success of our students. Over the last 11 years, more than half of Loyola parents have made a gift to the University.
What Are the Responsibilities?
- Act as advocates for Loyola University Maryland by promoting Loyola’s mission and the quality of education that the University provides.
- Endorse the Annual Fund with a personal leadership gift of $1,000 or more.
- Host or sponsor a regional event or a small gathering of area parents at a mutually agreed upon date and venue.
- Attend the Parents Council kickoff meeting during Family Weekend and a working meeting in the spring.
- Further support the growth of the Annual Fund by contacting assigned parent prospects during the fall fundraising campaign in October, encouraging them to make a gift before December, and sending a note of thanks.
- Encourage your assigned parent prospects to attend the regional event in your area.