Join the Campus Ministry Intern Team!
The Campus Ministry Student Intern Selection process includes both current student interns and new applicants.
Campus Ministry Interns must possess strong interpersonal skills including communication, organization, flexibility and collaboration. Interns must demonstrate professionalism through dependability, responsibility, initiative, leadership, accountability and strong time-management.
Campus Ministry Interns must also possess:
- Willingness to grow and share in a faith-based community;
- Ability and desire to collaborate and work on a team;
- Willingness to participate in team and peer ministry;
- Appreciation of the role of faith development as part of a Jesuit education;
- Basic understanding of and previous experience with community service and social justice, and broader issues of faith and justice;
- Willingness to learn about and work with sensitivity to diversity and privilege;
- Ability to engage students in educational opportunities;
- Ability to dialogue with persons with diverse political and ideological views, and to be open to working with them to create educational opportunities;
- Respect for supervision, peers, the office and partnership; and
- Meet all position-specific qualifications listed in the Campus Ministry Internship Position Descriptions.
In addition, Campus Ministry Interns must meet the following criteria:
- Be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors;
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5;
- Complete the application and interview process by the stated deadlines;
- Be in good conduct standing with the college. A judicial review will be conducted for all applicants; and
- Be available for the entire 2017-2018 academic year, unless you are applying for a music ministry or sacristan position. We will only consider half-year applications (due to study abroad, student teaching or other commitments) for music ministry and sacristan positions.
If you are selected and choose to accept the Campus Ministry Intern position, you must agree to:
- Commit to working approximately 10-15 hours per week;
- Decline Evergreen, Resident Assistant, CCSJ Student Staff, SGA Executive Board or any other campus position that conflicts with the fall training and retreat;
- Not hold additional employment or commitments that exceed 12 hours per week total;
- Maintain or improve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 throughout the internship;
- Abide by all of the policies and regulations of Loyola’s Code of Student Conduct, as well as those of federal and local jurisdictions;
- Provide phone/front desk coverage one to two hours per week; assist students, faculty, staff, and guests with retreat registrations, Mass cards, appointments, etc. and complete office tasks. Provide a friendly, welcoming presence for all who enter Cohn Hall;
- Meetings & Trainings;
- Attend and participate in the fall training and retreat in August 2017.
- Participate in weekly one-on-one meetings with supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings one Friday each month from 3-5pm and intern formation dates as scheduled.
- Participate in the following activities:
- September: Mass of the Holy Spirit
- December: Lessons & Carols
- April: RCIA Initiation Mass
- Other events as assigned; and
- Meet all position-specific expectations listed in the Campus Ministry Internship Position Descriptions.
- Educate yourself.
- Discern which intern position(s) best meet your skills and interests.
- Complete the online application with references.
- Complete the interview process.
The application for the 2018-19 will be available later this year.
Contact Megan Linz Dickinson at email@example.com or 410-617-2092.
Timeline for New Applicants
2018-2019 Application Information Sessions