Rostro de Cristo (The Face of Christ) is a faith based immersion experience that invites members from the Loyola community to live among and be intentionally present to individuals living in Duran, Ecuador. The main purpose is to challenge young people to follow the example of Jesus by living among the materially poor and working to recognize the face of Christ in them.
Dates: May 29 - June 5 2014
Support Rostro de Cristo: Donate Here
This application process is open to Loyola undergraduate and graduate students only.
Goals for the Immersion Group
- Engage in a ministry of presence that welcomes solidarity with the local community;
- Educate the Loyola Community about the economic, historic, and socio-political issues that face the individuals of Duran, Ecuador;
- Explore how a lived faith and spirituality plays into the work for a just world;
- Seek out social justice and social action efforts that reflect a desire to eliminate injustice in our world abroad and at home.
How to Apply
- Applications will be available in the fall semester 2013
- Be ready to submit two references with your application.
- Applications are due Monday, October 7
- Online Application form HERE
- There are three information sessions during the fall 2013 semester before applications are due:
- Wednesday, September 25 at 6:00 pm in Cohn Hall
- Thursday, September 26 at 6:00 pm in Cohn Hall
- Monday, September 30 at 7:00 pm in Cohn Hall
- Application Due Date: Monday, October 7
The cost of the program is a $300 deposit by each student selected to be a member of the delegation. Each individual student is expected to fundraise an additional $1,000 to be a part of the delegation. Fundraising is the responsibility of the team as a whole, and is not placed solely on the burden of the team member.
For more information, please contact Patrick Range, assistant director of Campus Ministry, firstname.lastname@example.org.