Every year, The Career Center conducts a Follow-Up Survey with each undergraduate graduating class. Studies of this nature are conducted in order to determine to what degree graduates are successful in achieving their post-graduation career objectives.
The survey is typically completed 6-9 months after graduation, and graduates are contacted via email and phone to complete the survey. Special efforts are made each year to contact graduates who are still seeking employment and to invite them to use the services of The Career Center, as this is a free, ongoing service provided to our alumni.
The following information is provided from the survey on the Undergraduate Class of 2015:
- This study was conducted six to nine months after graduation to give a comprehensive picture of the graduates’ activities.
- The response rate was approximately 86%, with 774 out of 895 graduating seniors responding.
- Overall, 89% of graduates reported utilizing The Career Center’s services.
- Both the liberal arts and business backgrounds have allowed the graduates to successfully enter a variety of career fields.
- Approximately, 75% of the graduates are employed either full-time or part-time.
- Roughly 18% of the graduates are pursuing graduate/professional school.
- Around 3% of graduates are enrolled in full-time post-college service.
- The percentage of students seeking employment at the time of the survey was about 5% (which is below the 7.2% national average college unemployment rate reported by the Economic Policy Institute – source: Economic Policy Institute, May 27, 2015).
View a sample of companies that employed 2015 Loyola graduates and graduate/professional schools where 2015 Loyola graduates have enrolled. For additional follow-up information on individual majors, refer to What Can I Do With A Major In...? resource.