The goal of The Career Center is student success. By working together, we can ensure that the transition from student to a member of the work force is as seamless as possible.
Here are some of the services we offer:
- We help your students find the right fit—We help students explore career options as related to their interests, goals, skills, values, and personality. During their academic careers, students can visit The Career Center to develop essential job-search skills. We are a student's best resource for job outlook, salary, and employment trend information.
- Our spring career fair attracts many recruiters to one event—Our career fair provides excellent opportunities for your students to meet representatives from the companies in their industries of choice and establish a network of contacts. We will help your students research the employers beforehand and provide tips so they are prepared to effectively engage recruiters.
- We help students master the job interview—There is no better way to prepare for the job interview than by experiencing an "actual" interview. At The Career Center, career advisors conduct mock interviews with your students and then provide a constructive critique of their performance and effective interview strategies.
- We bring The Career Center into your classroom—We specialize in conducting presentations for the classes you teach and the student organizations you advise about a variety of career-related topics, such as resume writing, job-search strategies, and interviewing skills. In addition, we can arrange presentations by professionals (many of them alumni), who can relate their experiences and how their major has helped them in their careers.
- We assist in identifying quality experiential education opportunities—Experiential education is such an important part of your students' overall educational experience. Just ask any employer. Through our network of employers, we can help your students identify internship opportunities that will best serve them in their academic and professional pursuits.
For more information on these services, as well as other opportunities, contact The Career Center at 410-617-2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.