Networking is one of the most important aspects of your job search. Traditional methods of applying for jobs are becoming increasingly difficult. Using Twitter can help expand your network and resources.
How to Get Started
- Establish a Name - Create an account with the twitter handle as close to your real name as possible.
- Write your Bio - Write a well-written bio that establishes who you are professionally.
- Follow People, Companies, and Organizations
- Look up organizations and companies you are interested in and identify if they have a Twitter account, and follow them.
- Follow people who have similar interest to you.
- Search for a Job
- Tweet - Tweet updates about your job search and what you are looking for (e.g., “I am looking for a position in PR in NYC.”)
- Hash Tags - Use hash tags (#) to do searches on Twitter. For example, if you are looking for a job in marketing you may use to the term #jobsearch or #marketing.
- Twitter Accounts -The following are some twitter handles you can follow that post job postings:
- TwitJobSearch.com- An app that helps you to organize your job search.