The Creative Assistant position with The Career Center at Loyola University Maryland provides students with practical work experience in their chosen field. The Career Center is seeking hard working, creative, energetic students to supplement and enhance the programming and events sponsored by The Career Center. This position is currently a volunteer position however, credit as an internship may be possible if approved though an academic department.
This is a great opportunity to build your portfolio as well as receive transferable work experience. Position may also qualify as an internship for credit.
- Must be a sophomore, junior, or senior in good standing with the university.
- Ideal candidates will have a background in one or more of the following fields: Advertising, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Digital Media, Writing, Business, or Marketing. However, applicants from all majors and minors are encouraged to apply if interested.
- GPA of at least 2.5 is required.
- Working command of Adobe Photoshop and/or a video program (Adobe Premier, iMovie, etc). While experience with Adobe Illustrator, Bridge, or InDesign is preferred, it is not required.
- Good writing skills.
- Skill and experience with graphic design.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and within group environments.
- Great attention to detail and strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while prioritizing and completing them in a timely manner.
- Work 10 hours per week (during office hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-8:00pm, Friday 8:30am-5:00pm).
- Create/design visual media advertisements for office events and programming including but not limited to posters, flyers, invitations, and videos.
- Manage office’s social media presence on the following social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Communicate and meet with Office Manager weekly for office project needs.
- Maintain communication with other campus media groups including but not limited to the Greyhound, WLOY, GreyComm, and Newshound.
- Assess program and event marketing for effectiveness and appeal of audience.
- Additional media/marketing tasks as needed.
Apply for the Creative Assistant Position
Please review the Creative Assistant qualifications, requirements, and responsibilities before submitting your application. To apply, applicants MUST:
- Complete and submit an online application.
- You will be required to submit at least five (5) creative samples (posters, marketing items, videos, etc.) within the online application. You may also provide a link to your digital portfolio to The Career Center (DeChiaro College Center, West 002).
For additional information regarding the Creative Assistant position or application process, please contact Elaine Edelstein, Office Manager, or call The Career Center at 410-617-2232.