Donate to the Viva House food bag collection!
Evergreen Campus Due Dates
- September 4th
- October 2nd
- November 20th
- December 11th
Timonium/Columbia Campus Due Dates
- September 2nd
- September 30th
- November 18th
- December 9th
Items to be included in each bag:
- 2 cans of baked beans (or pork and beans)
- 1 box of cereal (non-sugar)
- 2 cans of soup
- 1 jar or can of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. of pasta
- 1 can of vegetables
- 1 jar of peanut butter
- 1 jar of jelly
- 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese
- 2 cans of canned meat (like chicken, chili, etc.)
- toothpaste and toothbrush(es)
- 1 reusable bag (in which to place all the food).
- Timonium Campus - North corridor outside of the facility management office
- Columbia Campus - Susan Tincher's office
- Evergreen campus - Lisa Flaherty’s office (Humanities 050R)
About the Viva House food bag collection Program
Viva House, the Catholic Worker House in Baltimore, has a monthly food bag collection. These bags are donated and delivered to Southwest Baltimore to be distributed to families experiencing material poverty in the neighborhood. Each bag serves a family of four for three days. Although Loyola has been a long time contributor of this program, there are still many families whose needs are not being met.
We have set a monthly goal of providing 50 bags to the community served by Viva House. In November 2012, we were thrilled to have our delivery reach 63 bags, our highest number to date! We hope to maintain this level of support so we invite all members of the Loyola community to consider participating in this monthly program. Increasing our delivery of monthly food bags would be a great way to give back to the community.
If you have any questions, please email the Viva House Service Coordinator, at email@example.com. Thank you to those of you who are already contributing to this program!