UNITE (Urban Needs Introduced Through Experience) is a unique educational opportunity through which a small group of students, staff, faculty and/or administrators, takes a closer look at the issues, concerns and realities of persons who are materially poor and/or experiencing homelessness in Baltimore City. The weekend immersion is lead by a team of experienced and dedicated individuals.
The program includes:
- Preparation for serving women, children and men who are materially poor and/or experiencing homelessness
- A direct service experience in a meal program
- Factual input on poverty and homelessness
- Opportunities for casual, one-on-one interaction with people who are materially poor and/or experiencing homelessness
- Time for group discussion and reflection
- Selected videos and/or readings
UNITE weekends begin at 5 p.m. on Friday. The group returns to campus by 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- October 11-13, 2013
- March 21-23, 2014 (Retreat to the Streets)
For more information, please contact the UNITE Service Coordinator at email@example.com or call 410-617-2380.