Donate to the Viva House food bag collection!
Evergreen Campus Due Dates
- January 14th
- February 18th
- March 17th
- April 14th
- May 12th
Timonium/Columbia Campus Due Dates
- January 12th
- February 16th
- March 15th
- April 12th
- May 10th
Items to be included in each bag:
- 1 box of cereal (less sugar the better)
- 1 jar of peanut butter
- 1 jar of jam/jelly
- 1 box of spaghetti
- 1 can of spaghetti sauce
- 1 can of vegetable (collards is a favorite)
- 2 cans meat (chicken or chili)
- 2 cans soups
- 2 can beans(without pork)
- 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese
- 1 can fruit/dessert
- Timonium Campus - North corridor outside of the facility management office
- Columbia Campus - Susan Tincher's office
- Evergreen campus - Lisa Flaherty’s office (Humanities 050R)
About the Viva House food bag collection Program
Viva House, the Catholic Worker House in Baltimore, has a monthly food bag collection. These bags are donated and delivered to Southwest Baltimore to be distributed to families experiencing material poverty in the neighborhood. Each bag serves a family of four for three days. Although Loyola has been a long time contributor of this program, there are still many families whose needs are not being met.
We have set a monthly goal of providing 50 bags to the community served by Viva House. We hope to maintain this level of support so we invite all members of the Loyola community to consider participating in this monthly program. Increasing our delivery of monthly food bags would be a great way to give back to the community.
If you have any questions, please email the Viva House Service Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to those of you who are already contributing to this program!