To date, the courses below have been identified as service-learning courses and courses with service components. Additional courses will be added to the list as we learn about them, so please continue to revisit this page.
SL= Designated Service-Learning Mandatory Courses
SO = Designated Service-Learning Optional Courses
Designated Service-Learning Courses
These courses meet the service-learning definition and criteria.
- IS 356 Information Technology for Financial Services, Paul Tallon, SO
- SN 370 Nineteenth-Century Latin American Novel, Tom Ward, SO
- PC 732 Spiritual and Theological Dimensions of Suffering, Jill Snodgrass, SO
- PL 201 Foundations of Philosophy, Catriona Hanley, SO
- PL 314 Environmental, Drew Leder, SO
- PY 202 Psychopathology, Beth Kotchick, SO
- TH 273 Urban Health and Faith, Maiju Lehmijoki-Gardner, SO
- WR 323 Writing Center Practice Theory, Lisa Zimmerelli, SL
- WR 100 Effective Writing, Andrea Leary, SO
- WR 320 Art of the Argument, Andrea Leary, SO
Courses with Service Components
Some or all of these courses have service experiences related to course content, at least partially integrate service-learning pedagogy and provide some preparation and reflection for students.
- EN 409 Senior Honors Seminar: Humor Studies, June Ellis, SO
Speech Language Pathology/Audiology
- Organic Bases of Adult Communication Disorders, Lura Vogelman, SO