How to Sign Up
Registration is open and spots are limited. Please complete the online form by Oct. 1, 2015. Click here to pay after September 1st 2015!
Program Details Program Dates: Saturday, November 7- Monday, November 9, 2015
Delegates leave for Washington D.C. on Saturday, November 7, where we will be staying at Crystal Gateway Marriott. During the convention, participants will have the opportunity to attend breakout sessions that cover a variety of social justice issues and hear from Keynote speakers such as Rudy Lopez, Director of the Interfaith Worker Justice, Maureen O'Connell, Associate Professor of Christian Ethics at LaSalle University, Hellen Prejean, Anti-Death Penalty Activist, and Francisco Herrera, Musician and Cultural Worker. On Monday, November 9th, delegates head to Capitol Hill to share stories, facts, and ask for more just policies with their elected officials. Advocacy efforts will focus on immigration reform, environmental justice, and human rights in Central America.
For more program schedule and details please visit: http://ignatiansolidarity.net/iftj/schedule
Expectations of Loyola Delegation Participants:
Please read the following carefully and mark dates before proceeding with the registration.
- Attendance at three preparatory meetings:
- First Meeting (enrichment): Thursday, October 8 (8-9 P.M.)
- Second Meeting (education): Thursday, October 22 (8-9 P.M.)
- Third Meeting (engagement): Thursday, November 5 (8-9 P.M.)
- Attendance at a post-trip reflection late November.
- Pay $85 fee which includes transportation, hotel, conference registration fee, and a few meals.
- Willingness to room with 2-3 other Loyola delegation members in our hotel accommodations in D.C.
- Attendance at the Commemoration of the Martyrs on campus (Time/Date TBD)
- Optional: Attendance at a send-off Mass in the Alumni Chapel (Saturday, November 7, Time TBA)