Version 4.9 gives an intuitive way to share individual videos and video collections.
Share with Internal and External Audiences
Videos and video folders can now be shared in batch:
- Login to loyola.hosted.panopto.com and login with Moodle
- Navigate to the folder with the original recorded session(s)
- Check the recording(s) the that want to Copy, Move or share by clicking the box directly the the left of each title.
- When selecting multiple video or folders, a new Share button will appear at the top of Panopto interface.
- Click share and choose the new location from the drop down menu
- Hit save/ok. The duplicated or moved files will take time to process.
Videos and folders can be shared in multiples (batches)
To share individual recorded sessions:
- Open a browser window and go to loyola.hosted.panopto.com and login with Moodle
- Navigate to the folder with the original recorded session(s), and hover over the name of the single session, click on Share below this title
- In the sharing dialog box, you can copy/paste direct a URL or the embed code for this session.Note; In order to share with individuals outside of the Loyola, you must change the session permission
The new sharing interface provides easy access to video links, embed codes, and more
Sharing Options and Permissions
Videos can be set to unlisted for either internal or external audiences. Unlisted videos provide functionality similar to what’s available in other video and file sharing apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube and Vimeo. When a video is set to unlisted, it won’t appear in Panopto search results or when browsing the Panopto video library. Instead, it can only be accessed by direct link to the video.
Videos can now be set to “unlisted” for internal or external audiences
FYI: When a Panopto Administrator creates a new subfolder for you, they’ll automatically acquire the individual and group permissions from their parent folder.