Event Services maintains the master calendar of events for the University. The responsibilities of the department include reserving any space on campus, as well as providing support for the event and coordinating auxiliary services. Reporting to the director of event services and auxiliary management, this position will support the clerical functions of the department.
- Efficiently operate a busy multi-line phone system;
- Accurately record detailed phone messages and reservation requests;
- Accurately type facility confirmations and file them when completed;
- Distribute information (facility confirmations and events sheet) using various methods of distribution;
- When requested, work with logistical staff to set-up/break-down events;
- When requested, attend events (weekends, evenings, holidays);
- Operate a two-way radio system; and
- Execute various other tasks as assigned by the director of the department.
Requisite Skills and Responsibilities
- Strong customer service/communications skills;
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet programs;
- Detailed oriented;
- Proficient office/telephone manner;
- Knowledge of Windows and DOS environments;
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The position with Event Services is one of importance to Loyola's active event program. The student is a direct reflection of the Event Services and Loyola University Maryland. Every student is expected to present a positive image to all guests and clients. This is accomplished through a neat appearance, a pleasant and friendly disposition, attention to detail, and a commitment of service to ensure success.
Download the application