Reporting to the director of Event Services, this position will assist the members of the full time staff with the following responsibilities:
- Move, install, arrange, and breakdown tables, chairs, tarps, podiums, stage sections, and/or technical and multi-media equipment for University events both on and off campus;
- Attend events and provide last minute logistical, housekeeping, or production needs. This position may also be asked to pick up or return equipment from various locations on and off campus;
- Assist staff with various projects and assignments not directly related to events such as inventory, repair, and preventive maintenance of all equipment;
- Function independently and as a part of a team representing the University while assisting students, faculty, and off campus guests before, during and after events;
- Maintain a constant dialogue between the director and other members of the staff using several forms of communication including paper, electronic, and wireless systems;
- Operate several types of vehicles including multi passenger vans and 15' chassis body with box cube attached; and
- Must possess excellent inter-personal skills.
This position is highly visible and interfaces with all elements of the campus community including president's office, admissions, student organizations, development, and a variety of campus guests. Each individual will be required to exhibit tact and diplomacy when dealing with event sponsors, support departments, and third party contractors.
Requisite Skills and Responsibilities
- Stringent attention to detail and strong customer services skills;
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends which will be determined weekly;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Have a valid motor vehicle operators license;
- Exercise problem ownership values;
- Ability to react decisively and with good judgment to problems and be adaptive to changing situations;
- Refined time management skills; and
- Students are required to carry a pager 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The position with Event Services is one of importance to Loyola's active event program. The student is a direct reflection of the Event Services and the University. Every student is expected to present a positive image to all guests and clients. This is accomplished through a neat appearance, a pleasant and friendly disposition, attention to detail, and a commitment of service to ensure success.