Student Technology Center
Financial Information Access for Parents/Guardians
Loyola is pleased to introduce Financial Information Access for Parents/Guardians through Loyola’s administrative database access system, WebAdvisor. This new feature will allow parents/guardians to have access to student account, billing, and financial aid information. However, access is not mandatory and must be granted by the student.
Student account, billing, and financial aid information are considered to be part of a student’s education records, and therefore, protected under The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Parents/guardians can be given access to the student’s education records only if the student provides consent. A student can remove consent at any time. For more information on FERPA legislation, visit the records office website.
Follow the instructions below to allow a parent/guardian access to your student account and billing information. For questions about Financial Information Access for Parents/Guardians or the access instructions, please contact the Student Technology Center at 410-617-5555 or email@example.com.
How to set up a parent/guardian with access to WebAdvisor:
- Access WebAdvisor through the portal inside.loyola.edu. There is a new option under Communication: Select Parents for WA Access.
- If the parent/guardian record exists in the database, each name will be displayed in the menu. Verify and choose the name and proceed to step 4.
- If the parent/guardian record does not exist in the database, check the box for adding a new person and complete the Add Parent/Other to WebAdvisor form. Make certain the parent/guardian’s personal email address is entered (with the exception of parents who are Loyola students or employees, who must use their Loyola email address). Once submitted, it will take at least three days to process the information. The student will be notified by email after the record is set up in the database.
- After the parent/guardian record is created, select the access desired from the menus provided:
- From the Access Allowed Menu, select Access Allowed to provide your parent/guardian access to WebAdvisor.
- From the Items Allowed Menu select:
- View All Items to allow access to both Student Account and Financial Aid information.
- View Student Account to allow access to student account information only (Student Account, Billing, and 1098T).
- View Financial Aid to allow access to financial aid information only (Award by Year, Award by Term, and View My Financial Aid Documents).
- An email confirming the option(s) selected will be sent to the student’s Loyola email account.
Parent/guardian access to WebAdvisor:
- The parent/guardian will receive an email containing a User ID allowing online entry to WebAdvisor.
- To access the system go to http://www.loyola.edu/webadvisor. Select Parent Reset Password at the bottom-right of the screen to reset the password. The password must be 6 to 9 characters long.
- The parent/guardian will access WebAdvisor using their new password.
How to remove parent/guardian access:
- Access WebAdvisor and select the Parent Access menu item. Under the Access Allowed heading, select No Access from the dropdown options.
- Upon submission, access will be removed within 24 hours.
- The parent/guardian will receive an email indicating that access has been removed.