July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 Benefits Enrollment
The open enrollment period for the benefit year beginning July 1, 2017 will end on Friday, May 5, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Please contact the benefits and wellness office at extensions 1365 and 1368 if you have questions or need assistance with your benefits.
Online Benefits Enrollment
When you are ready to enroll in your benefits login to Inside.Loyola and select the Benefit Enrollment link listed in the Quick Links section. You will be automatically directed to your personalized Benelogic benefits enrollment home page. On this page you can view your current elections, view benefits information including plan summaries and premiums and enroll in benefits. Please make sure you are aware of your surroundings when accessing your information online. After you have completed your enrollment and/or viewing your personal information, always remember to log out and close all web browser windows. Please contact the benefits and wellness office at extensions 1365 or 1368 if you need assistance with your benefits.
Sign up for a one-on-one session . The session will provide details on how the HealthyBlue HSA plan compares to the HMO and PPO plans, and you can also learn about the prescription drug changes.
- Change from Formulary 1 to Formulary 2: Formulary options help save money and drive the use of generic drugs. Changing to Formulary 2 assists in maintaining claims costs. Formulary 2 covers generic drugs and most brand-name drugs.
- Voluntary Maintenance Choice: Although not required, members can receive a three-month supply of maintenance drugs for the cost of a two-month supply by receiving prescriptions from the CVS Mail Service Pharmacy or by pick up at any CVS retail pharmacy. The University realizes savings through discounts when this program is utilized. By doing this, the savings transfers to members by helping to contain claims costs.
- Preferred Generics – Restricted: With restricted generics, members will save the most by choosing generic drugs (when available) versus brand-name drugs. Unless your doctor writes “Dispense as Written” or “DAW” on you brand-name drug prescription, you will pay both the non-preferred brand copay plus the cost difference between the generic and brand-name drug.
For additional information about the prescription changes read the Formulary FAQ, review the below resources, or attend an information session.
CareFirst Restricted Generics Flyer
CareFirst Voluntary Maintenance Choice Flyer
Drug Removals from Formulary 1 to Formulary 2
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Participants
All current flexible spending account participants are required to re-enroll. This is an IRS requirement and must be strictly followed. Beginning July 1, 2017 the annual election limit for the Healthcare FSA is $ 2,600 and Dependent Care FSA is $ 5,000. For more information view the FSA overview.
Want to learn more about Health Savings Accounts but can't attend a group session or one-on-one session? View an introduction to the HSA presentation and the HSA FAQ.
Save money on your medical plan premiums by completing the wellness steps. Employees and their spouses insured under the medical plan can qualify for reduced medical plan premiums. You and your covered spouse must complete the following in order to qualify:
- Complete the online Health Assessment at www.carefirst.com/myaccount between July 1, 2017 and October 28, 2017.
- Have an annual preventive care physical exam (your annual physical must have been completed within the last 12 months).
- Have the CareFirst Health Screening Form completed by your physician between July 1, 2017 and October 28, 2017.
- Enter the results from your Health Screening Form to your online account by logging in to your My Account portal at www.carefirst.com/myaccount. All fields must be completed to receive credit.
Deadlines to qualify for premium reduction
Current employees enrolling during open enrollment: Your annual physical must have been completed within the past year. The Health Screening Form must be completed by a physician and sent to CareFirst between July 1, 2017 and October 28, 2017. If you do not complete the requirements by the deadline, the “non-wellness” rates will go into effect with your first paycheck in December.
New hires: Your annual physical must have been completed within the last eight months or within 120 days of eligibility. The Health Questionnaire and Health Screening Form must be completed within 120 days of eligibility. If you do not complete the requirements by the deadline, the “non-wellness” rates will go into effect on the first of the fifth month following date of hire.
Read the Wellness Program Support Guide to assist you as you complete your wellness steps. For technical difficulties contact CareFirst Technology Support at 1-877-526-8390.
HealthyBlue HSA Participants Only
If you are enrolled in the HealthyBlue HSA medical plan you are eligible to earn a Healthy Reward. To earn your Healthy Reward you must complete the following steps:
Step 1: Select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) when you enroll in the plan.
Step 2: Log in to MyAccount and complete the online Health Assessment (members 18+). Employees without internet access can call 1-866-454-5375 to request a paper copy.
Step 3: Work with your PCP to complete the Health Screening Form. Log in to MyAccount and click on My HealthyBlue Rewards under Quick Links. From the qualifications tab, click Begin Evaluation and enter your results. Contact customer service (number on the back of your id card) for additional submission methods if you are unable to enter your results online.
After the steps are completed, CareFirst will reduce your deductible by $200 for the plan year beginning July 1, 2017. In a family, each adult can earn a $200 reward for completing the steps, while children ages 2-17 can earn $25. However, the maximum reward for a family is limited to $400 for the plan year beginning July 1, 2017.