The Mothers' Room was established to support working families at Loyola University Maryland. This room is a quiet, peaceful space to let breastfeeding mothers express the milk their infants need for healthy development.
Please respect all the families who need to use this room by:
- Keeping the space clean and tidy,
- Limiting use to lactation only,
- Buying and bringing your own tubing and breast shields,
- Displaying the privacy sign on the outside door handle while you are using the room, and
- Remembering to place the privacy sign on the interior door handle when finished.
Access and Use
- The Mothers' Room is located on the lower level of Jenkins Hall, room 016.
- Nursing mothers may check out a key for three month periods by calling ext. 2345.
- Once a key is obtained, nursing mothers may sign up for 20-minute intervals. The sign-up clip board is located in Jenkins 220. You may check on the availability of the room when you call to check out your key.
- Baskets are available in the room to store reading materials, photos, etc.
- A hospital-grade Ameda elite pump is in The Mothers' Room.
- Each person using the pump must provide their own Hollister Ameda Elite packet of tubing and breast shields. This packet may be purchased for $25 by contacting Claire McCardell at ext. 1717.
- The pump is set up so breast milk will not back up into the pump to maintain sanitary conditions.
- It is the responsibility to further ensure the sanitation of the pump by cleaning the pump before and after use. Please also remove all tubing, shields, and milk from the room.
- The employee is responsible for the proper storage of the milk.