||The Office of International Student Services (OISS) assists undergraduate, graduate and exchange students at the prospective, active, and post-graduate levels on areas such as: Immigration, visas, academics, travel, personal concerns, legal status, employment, housing matters, and cultural adjustment.
- Must be enrolled as a graduate student at Loyola University Maryland
- Position requires work during fall and spring semesters, and summers, if required by the Director.
- Strong work ethic and flexible
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Access).
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal skills
- International experience and/or bilingual preferred (work, study, or travel abroad).
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and nationalities
- Conduct him/herself with professionalism during all interactions with students, staff, faculty, and government officials.
- Applicant must hold U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency (per U.S. DHS SEVIS requirements).
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Correspond with students to collect various forms and data required from applicants and/or current students.
- Review international application documents and communicate with prospective students to answer general inquiries (i.e. about the application process, supplemental documents, requirements for admission, deadlines, etc.)
- Help create and update documents/handouts/flyers for our international students.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining a functional and user-friendly website.
- Assist in organizing logistics for arrival and departure of international students, new student orientations, and other OISS-sponsored activities/events.
- Office duties: Greet and assist students /office visitors, schedule student appointments and meetings for Director and students, process form requests, database entry, and perform various other office administrative and clerical tasks
- Help prepare extremely detailed error-free immigration forms
- Maintain records and files in an organized manner, including evaluation of documents for completeness.
- Attend and assist with OISS sponsored events, when needed.
- Conduct market research
- Assist with driving Loyola motor pool vehicles for OISS sponsored events, as needed.
- Work with the OISS Director on research projects and other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Assist in creating a social media presence for OISS.
- Assists in the production of reports for presentations, including the creation of charts, graphs, tables, and PowerPoint presentations.
|III. Specific Duties
Hours will be scheduled within the traditional office work-day: Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Some weekend work, however, may be required during the semester (i.e.: international student trips programmed and run by the OISS, New International Student Orientation held the week prior the start of the fall/spring semester).
|IV. Hours and Wages
10-12 hours per week
$14.00 per hour (50% stipend, 50% tuition remission)
**There may be an opportunity for a second or third year of employment, as well as summer employment, contingent upon performance**
Your application should include a brief cover letter, resume, availability for Fall 2016, and list references. Complete applications should be emailed to:
Ms Sunanda K. Bhatia
Director, Office of International Student Services
Graduate Assistant Employment Application