||Graduate Assistant-Outdoor Adventures
|Hours & Wages
|| • $9,900 for 600 hours (16/17 academic year; 20 hours per week)
• Compensation can be given at 50% scholarship/ 50% stipend or 60% scholarship/ 40% stipend
• Bachelor’s degree
• Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at Loyola University Maryland. Graduate programs are listed at: http://www.loyola.edu/graduate.aspx
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Previous experience in one or more of the following:
• wilderness-based programming;
• experiential learning / education;
• leading low ropes / games & initiatives;
• leadership training programs;
• climbing wall management.
• Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid.
• Ability to begin work August 15, 2016.
• Provide logistical support to the Assistant Director of Recreational Sports-Outdoor Adventures & Associate Director of Recreational Sports- Programs and Assessment.
• Assist with the supervision of student employees and volunteers.
• DOE: Provide wilderness-based skill trainings to include backpacking, caving, climbing, whitewater kayaking, sea kayaking, and/or canoeing.
• DOE: Provide team building sessions and training for the campus community.
• DOE: Manage indoor climbing wall policy, procedures, and staffing.
• Provide assistance with the marketing of outdoor programming.
• Establish and maintain regular office hours.
• Periodic night and weekend work may be required.
• Assist with special events for the department.
• Perform additional duties in support of the department.
• Maintain current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification for the professional rescuer (provided).
Please submit cover letter, current resume, and three references to Alan Baker, Associate Director of Recreational Sports at:
• email@example.com OR
• Loyola University Maryland, Fitness & Aquatic Center, 4501 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210,
Graduate Assistant Employment Application