FE 100, First-Year Experience Seminar (2010 - 2011), Office of the Assistant Vice President for Student Development
|Hours & Wages
The (GA) position will be 9-month, twenty (20) hours per week, starting August 15 and ending May 15. The position also receives tuition remission for two (2) classes per semester for a total of four (4) for FA/SP and a student stipend for a combined total of $13,000.
||The graduate assistant (GA) for the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Student Development is expected to assist in the logistical planning, research and implementation of initiatives for the First Year Experience Course (FE 100), as well as assist the AVP with various projects and duties as assigned.
- Assist the Assistant Vice President (AVP) with administrative and logistical duties associated with the implementation of the First Year Experience seminars, i.e. preparing written and electronic correspondence to faculty, students, and administrators; assisting with marketing and promotion of FE 100 throughout campus.
- Coordinate logistics and planning for FE Instructor Training, once in the Fall and once in the Spring semester.
- Conduct research of first year program models at benchmark institutions and those institutions leading the field in program delivery for first year experience courses. Assess best practices and prepare a written report of findings.
- Conduct the interview and hiring process for student leader instructors.
- Assist the Assistant Vice President (AVP) with focus groups to assess student trends, needs and program effectiveness.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to FE 100 teaching teams, i.e., travel arrangements, assistance with logistics for setting up service sites and outdoor adventure sites, and logistical assistance with Baltimore excursions.
- Update and maintain all files pertaining to FE 100, the FE 100 administrative calendar, the FE 100 webpage.
- Coordinate communications and logistics for programs and events connected to the Green and Grey Society, Loyola’s leadership honor society, to include scheduling monthly breakfast meetings and two retreats.
- Work with members of Green and Grey to organize and execute the Student Choice Awards ceremony in late April.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Maintain office hours at least three times a week during the day. May require some evening and weekend hours.
- Attend a weekly one-on-one meeting with the Assistant Vice President (AVP).
- Serve as a positive role model and advocate for Loyola students and conduct him/herself with professionalism during any and all interactions with students, staff and faculty of Loyola University Maryland.
Hiring Manager: Xavier A. Cole, AVP for Student Development
Graduate Assistant Employment Application