|Hours & Wages
||5-10 hours per week
||Effective writing and communication skills. A strong interest in writing consulting work.
Loyola Writing Center graduate assistants offer consulting to graduate students and writers across the Loyola community and through outreach programs. Graduate assistants participate in all Center operations and activities. These include the following:
- Direct face-to-face or on-line consulting,
- Preparing print and electronic resources,
- Offering workshops and presentations,
- Working as writing fellows in specific courses or disciplines,
- Attending and participating in staff training meetings,
- Gathering regular data on consultations for reporting and research purposes,
- Researching writing center practices and presenting at conferences,
- Promoting the Loyola Writing Center through public relations and other informational activities and
- Mentoring new graduate assistants.
Applications should include a current resume and a brief cover letter. Submitted completed applications to Craig Medvecky, Writing Department, Humanities Bldg., Loyola University Maryland, 4501 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21210-2699.
Graduate Assistant Employment Application