||Graduate Assistant, Alcohol and Drug Education and Support Services (ADESS)|
|Hours & Wages
||The (GA) position will begin in January 2014 and continue through May 2014.|
The graduate assistant (GA) for ADESS serves a vital role in prevention initiatives pertaining to the use of alcohol and other drugs. The role of GA will assist the office in planning, implementing and evaluating a wide variety of alcohol and other drug prevention initiatives.
- Assist with conducting outreach presentations for students, administrators and faculty.
- Messina enrichment hour programs
- Don’t Cancel That Class presentations
- Residence Hall presentations
- Trainings for the campus community
- Assist with developing designing and implementing educational outreach materials.
- Additional administrative work as assigned.
- The GA will be expected to work some evening and weekends and set and maintain office hours reflective of the programs needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills related to alcohol and other drug prevention and intervention programs and strategies.
- Strong public speaking, group facilitation and program planning skills.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects.
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Research and assessment experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of SPSS and data analysis (Preferred)
- Interest in gaining psychoeducational and brief intervention experience.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
Contact Information: Please email your resume and cover letter to Zachary Hitchens, Assistant Director of ADESS, 410-617-2928, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Assistant Employment Application