Campus Ministry, Program Operations
|Hours & Wages
10 Month position: 15 hours per week. August 15 – June 15 (approximately)
Tuition remission ($4,500) and Stipend ($4,500); Fall (300 hours) and Spring (300 hours)
- Graduate degree candidate.
- Availability for 15 hours per week.
- Exceptional organizational skills as well as an eye for details.
- Must be committed to confidentiality in all matters.
- Good communication skills (ability to ask for assistance or ask questions when one is unsure) are a must.
- Commitment to nurturing own spiritual life.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, Jesuit educational and spiritual values.
- Flexibility with regard to specific duties.
- Competent in the following computer applications: Colleague, Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in Site Executive or willingness to learn.
- Exceptional organizational skills, highly motivated and a demonstrated ability for (and belief in) collaboration and teamwork.
- Self-directed to work on projects.
- Ability to self-manage and bring projects to completion.
- Availability for two year commitment (upon re-evaluation at the end of the first year) would be preferred, although not required.
- Maintain regular office hours and is a frequent presence in Campus Ministry office for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Attend Intern Training Retreat August 24 -26, 2011 at Loyola Retreat House in Western Maryland and Intern Formation on January 28, 2012.
- Engage in regular (Weekly or Bi-weekly) supervision with the Program Assistant.
- Provide regular feedback on job skills and performance, improvements regarding professional skills and self-care, increasing efficiency, etc.
- Update budget status report at the start of each week in readiness for the professional staff meeting every Tuesday morning.
- Monthly data input of all micro account into excel sheet at least twice monthly.
- Reconciliation of excel account and colleague print-out balances.
- Update excels spread sheets binder at least once a month.
- Coordinate ongoing budget transactions for the office and professional staff.
- Maintain updated and comprehensive records of all Campus Ministry Budget transactions keeping the H-drive accurate and current for staff to review.
- Establish a working relationship with the Disbursements Department to resolve budget transfers, invoices not recorded in Colleague and trouble shoot problem transactions.
- Establish a working relationship with the technology services/instructional services.
- Reconcile and close end of Fiscal year account electronically as well as manually.
- Create and open up electronic and manual files for the new Fiscal year.
- Self manage work load.
- Continuous communication with Anne and staff on as needed basis.
- Edits, copies, drafts, files, and creates multiple documents related to all budget processes for Campus Ministry as needed.
- Maintain effective filing system.
- Performs other assigned tasks as delegated.
- Teachable to learn new fiscal budget numbers as University transitions into using a new accounting system of My Budget.
Please email your resume and cover letter indicating which Graduate Assistantship you are interested in applying to CampusMinistry@loyola.edu. If you have additional questions, contact Anne McSweeney at 410-617-2768.
Graduate Assistant Employment Application