The graduate assistant (GA) for the Director of Technology and Graduate Student Services will provide organizational support and student personnel supervision for the activities of Loyola’s Honor Council, as well as assist the Director with various projects and duties as assigned.
|Hours & Wages
Period of Employment
- 9-month position
- 20 hours per week
- August 15 to May 15
- Tuition remission for two (2) classes per semester for a total of four (4) for FA/SP and a student stipend for a combined total of $13,000.
- Manage all case files for reported violations of the Honor Code. Coordinate the tracking of these cases with the office of the Dean of First-Year Students and Academic Services.
- Schedule all hearings for Honor Code Violations. Select hearing panel members. Contact accused students. Coordinate hearing locations and room accommodations.
- Coordinate logistics and planning for training of new members, and schedule and coordinate meetings of the entire Honor Council.
- Assist the Director with honor council development, including officer training. Schedule regular meetings with student officers of the Honor Council. Train student chairs for hearings. Coordinate and participate in the Honor Council’s annual participation with the International Conference on Academic Integrity.
- Prepare all correspondence of findings for Honor Council hearings. Maintain confidential digital recordings of Honor Council hearings.
- Work with the Director to maintain/update the Tutorial on Academic Integrity and Scholarly Research. Completion of this tutorial is a requirement for all incoming freshmen.
- Assist with preparations for Honor Council Activity for New Student Convocation and fall Orientation.
- Conduct faculty interviews for full hearings, and explain the hearing process to faculty.
- Coordinate student nomination and election process for the Honor Council.
- Prepare annual report on Honor Council hearings to be circulated to the campus community.
Work with Director to assess graduate student needs and formulate appropriate responses by means of programming, advocacy, or research. Research may include coordinating graduate student focus groups.
Assist in creating a friendly, informative, and practical web presence for graduate students.
Assist in minor web page updates.
Maintain office hours at least three times a week between regular business hours. May require some evening hours.
Attend a weekly individual meeting with the Director.
Serve as a positive role model and mentor for student officers and members of the Honor Council, and conduct him/herself with professionalism during any and all interactions with students, staff and faculty.
To apply, please contact Mark Lee in Student Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 617-2353.
Graduate Assistant Employment Application