Ignatius Scholars – Graduate Student Worker Job Description
Loyola University Maryland Ignatius Scholars Program is currently searching for a Graduate Student Worker.
Loyola University Maryland’s Ignatius Scholars Program will serve 30 first year students who identify as first-generation college students, demonstrate significant financial need, or come from diverse backgrounds. The Ignatius Scholars program participants exhibit strong academic promise, leadership abilities, and high professional aspirations.
Ignatius Scholars participate in seminars, workshops and cultural excursions through a three-week summer/pre-fall component and continues through the fall semester.
The Graduate Student Worker position for the Ignatius Scholars Program is an essential support role to the Associate Director of ALANA Services/co-coordinator of the Scholars Program. This position is a 5 week position (requiring availability in the summer and parts of the fall semester.) Please see the following duties typical for the Ignatius Scholars Graduate Student Worker.
Time Commitment: Monday, July 22 - Tuesday, August 27th
- Live in a residence hall during the summer component and serve as on-campus emergency contact
- Maintain daily schedule and agendas for the program
- Supervise and develop activities, as well as support weekend cultural excursions and enrichment activities
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and securing summer and semester programs
- Assist in recruitment activities such as presentations and selection process
- Attend and co-chaperone off campus, weekend trips, etc.
- Assist in arranging travel arrangements
- Fulfilling other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the barriers first-generation, low-income and underrepresented students face in higher education
- Passion for working with students
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Must be a team player and able to handle multiple priorities
- Public speaking and presentation abilities
- Willingness and availability to work evenings and some weekends
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- The Graduate Assistant will receive a stipend of $2400 over the 5 weeks.
- The Graduate Assistant must be able to commit the 150 hours to the program:
- July 22 – August 10: Training & Planning
- 25+/- hours/week
- August 11 – August 24: Summer Program
- 40 hours/week
If you are interested in this position, please contact Kim Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-2310.
For more information about the Ignatius Scholars Program, visit our website.